- LL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using This Site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- LL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 18.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
- personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the ‘GDPR’) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’
- personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
3. WHAT WE COLLECT:
- We may collect the following personal and non-personal data and / or information:
- name and job title
- date of birth
- contact information including email address
- information about your financial situation and capacity to invest
- property investment preferences, criteria, and risk appetite
- business information
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- URLs including referring site, your activity on This Site, and the site you exit to
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, profession and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
4. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to supply, improve, and personalise our products and services
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to customise the website according to your interests
- providing and managing your Account
- providing and managing your access to This Site
- personalising and tailoring your experience on This Site
- supplying our products and/or services to you. Personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you
- communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you
- supplying you with information by that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using unsubscribe links in our communications or contacting LL’s Data Protection Officer)
- analysing your use of This Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve This Site and your user experience
- we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
6. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) (EU REGULATION 2016/679)
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679), you have the following rights, which LL will always work to uphold:
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you. See below for details of how to arrange this
- the right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. See below for details of how to arrange this
- the right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. See below for details of how to arrange this
- the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- the right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- the right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases
- rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling
- for more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us
- further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau
- if you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- a cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- we use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
- this Site uses analytics services provided by Google LLC. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how This Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve This Site and the products and/or services offered through it.
- the analytics service(s) used by This Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of This Site, it does enable us to continually improve This Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- this website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave This Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
9. DATA SHARING
- to undertake our role as a managing agent, we legally and contractually have to share your data with certain organisations. We may also sometimes contact with third parties to supply certain products and/or services. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- example third-party organisations may include solicitors, maintenance contractors, referencing organisations, deposit registration organisations and statutory bodies.
- if any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described in the paragraph below.
- if any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained in the paragraph below.
- in some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. HOW AND WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
- LL may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the ‘EEA’ consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as ‘third countries’ and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- LL uses specific contracts with external third parties that are approved by the European Commission for the transfer of personal data to third countries. These contracts ensure the same levels of personal data protection that would apply under the GDPR. More information is available from the European Commission.
11. LENGTH OF TIME DATA IS RETAINED
12. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- if you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a ‘subject access request’. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below
- you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
- we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679). A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- if your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) an increased fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding
- we will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept informed of our progress
- if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the address below or email (email@example.com) us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
13. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) (EU REGULATION 2016/679)
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) protect users from unauthorised data collection by requiring explicit consent. If data is being collected and stored, the individual providing the information needs to be aware of it and give permission before any action is taken. Along with providing permission to collect data, the GDPR requires that users can request access to their data and have it removed if requested.
- every contact form on this Website includes a checkbox stating: ‘I consent to my submitted data being collected and stored’ that must be ticked before the form can be submitted.
- if you wish to access or remove the data LL stores on you, please contact LL’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
- LL’s Data Protection Officer is Hannah Fargher.
15. OUR DETAILS
Our business name is: Limelight Letting Limited.
Our business address is: Limelight Letting Limited, Grosvenor House, Grosvenor Street, Mold, Flintshire, North Wales, CH7 1EJ.
Our company number is: 08838110.